Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Helmet delivered-COMPLETE

Helmet delivered Saturday. I ordered some decals from my personal "sticker guy". I began painting what I need to ... I may paint it all.

I don't like how the visor is mounted. OCD hates unevenness. lol
Took it all apart to paint, sanded some rough edges. 
Countersinking the ear screw holes.
Sanding rough edges a bit.
Prepping to paint.

Testors 1138
Elmer's glue is a perfect mask for odd shapes.
Paint the glue onto where you want the mask. Very hard to see on white, I use a HeadLight. I thought of adding some food coloring to the glue, but I was afraid of it staining the plastic.
The dried glue peels off.
Other work I've done:
I used threaded rivets in the visor using the same holes where it was mounted.
The other side of the visor only had one hole in it, so I matched it up to the other holes and duplicated the system on that side as well.
White slotted screws
Industrial Velcro mounted for the screen so it can be removed if needed.
Plus I'm tired of smelling E6000 glue.

Made a plate and mounted my fans. 
Final design pics soon. This below is the first try.

COMING SOON (to this post):
Final Paint.
Final Fan setup
Installation of padding or hard hat liner
(in debate)

Stencil Making:

Printed and cut out images. 
Cut out lines.
Wet with alcohol.
Blotted.  
Finished.
Back traps finished.
Vocoder finished.

Next up: Tube stripes.
The ones I printed are way too big and only 13, not 14 as the tutorial picture shows. <del> I downloaded Pandatrooper's and I'll see how his works out at 13/16" high. </del>
I had to go old-school because the printer server took a stink on me.
I retaped because the pencil I used was 3/8.
I did not take pictures because I was too tired.
I used a sponge to blot paint onto the stencil.
Final pic.

HA! I look like Riddick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment