Monday, July 13, 2015

TK 10116's Hovi Tip speaker and amplifier

THIS POST IS STILL IN PROGRESS. CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES

7-13-15 Received the kit.

Going to mod these a bit so the fans stay mounted the way they are.

The mounting bolts are 1/4" thread. I was using 6-32 thread on the old tips.

My original setup:
I will need to up-size everything I used: flat washers, 'spiked' washers, thumb nuts, and make the fan/bucket holes bigger.

I'm debating on using rivet nuts, but the mounting area is so thin, I'm worried they may cause a crack. Also, I'm considering "beefing up" that area with nail acrylic, like I used on the legs.

I'm also going to make the battery box below,hot-swappable with these:


7-14-15 Update: 

Cut and added plugs/jacks. 

Also, I cut threads into the red connector so it would go through the nuts.

I dug through my toolbox and found these threaded inserts on a couple of furniture feet. Some 1/4 inch lock washers. (I ended up not using the lock washers).
I expanded the holes in the bucket to 1/4" and they split like I thought they would. The plastic is too thin, so I broke out the nail kit and added some for reinforcement. I also coated the outside with uv curing clear.



I also coated the tiny wires with the uv curing clear, so they would stay twisted. (they kept untwisting).
The insert was too long so I cut it.
Now I have threads to mount the switch/fan mount plate.
I used the part I cut as a finishing nut. The wire is secure under the fan/switch plate.
I believe this is the final setup.

I have two switches. One on the battery (located on the back of the bucket), and one in front if my chin. I use the chin switch to turn the setup on and off without removing the bucket.
I have both the fans and the amp/mic powered off the same battery. I will test the length of use after I mount the amp.
I removed this from the headset. It kept getting caught in my Medusa hair. I got mad at it.

First fit try. Velcro holding well.
I will test the battery duration and  performance if this current setup after dinner and pet duties...after work tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment